Saturday, September 27, 2008

French Onion Soup


I came to Santa Barbara this weekend to check out an art festival. I always like to do that before signing on to be a participant. Luckily, a very dear friend has a place near Lake Cachuma and we have fun enjoying the coastal weather and checking out the sights. Last night we attended an opening reception for the festival at the Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History. They are the benefactors of the show and definitely a worthy cause. Afterwards, we had dinner in an historic house turned restaurant next to the bird sanctuary. I had eaten too many appetizers at the reception that I only had room for the "French Onion Soup". It reminded of the wonderful soup I had when I was in Paris. This wasn't as good but delightful none-the-less. This picture is the "real" French Onion Soup.



"French Onion Soup" © Kathy Dunham 2008

No comments: